Old Swan - One Stop Shop
Visit your local one stop shop to access council services.
Surgeries: Department of Works and Pensions - Every other Thursday 10am to 12pm. To make an appointment to see the Pension Service please call 0800 917 9149. When ringing for an appointment the following information is required.
- Name and address.
- National Insurance number and date of birth.
- Contact telephone number.
What is a one stop shop?
A one stop shop is a council building, situated within a community where Liverpool citizens can walk in to:
- request a council service
- access other partner services (where they are available)
- access information
- carry out any other council business
One stop shop employees are specially trained in all the services the one stop shops offer and will wherever possible, try to resolve your query on the spot. This means that all your council business can be dealt with in one place.
What types of services are in the one stop shops?
We are adding more services as we develop but currently you can obtain advice about the following services:
- Housing Benefit (by appointment)
- Council Tax (by appointment)
- Education awards
- Housing management
- Disabled parking permit (blue badge)
- Taxi licensing (city only)
- Environmental Services including pest control and street lighting
- Trading Standards
- Electoral registration
- Social Service - access to children's services
- Football parking
- Parking Fines (city only)
Can I use any one stop shop?
Yes, no matter what part of the city you're in, you can access council services through the local one stop shop.
Do I have to make an appointment?
No, you can call in at your convenience, but we do ask you to make an appointment if you require advice on Housing Benefit or Council Tax. You can make an appointment by calling 0151 233 3016.