Welcome to our site. We hope you are able to access information quickly and easily. The information should:
- Support you in understanding the new system for children and young people from birth to 25 years with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Give you information about childcare and early education for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Provide you with information about how your child’s school supports pupils with special educational needs. See School Local Offers.
- Help you to understand your role in ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- Set out what you can expect from health services that support children and young people with a range of medical needs.
- Make clear what options are available for young people to continue in education, training and/or employment.
- Give you clear criteria for accessing services.
- Guide you through education, health and social care processes that ensure children and young people with the most complex needs are identified early and supported with an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Make transition a seamless process to independence and adulthood for young people.
It is a legal requirement that the Local Authority seeks from children and young people with SEN or a disability, and the parents of children with SEN or a disability, comments on the Local Offer, specifically on its content, the accessibility of the information contained within it and how it has been developed and reviewed (including how children, parents and young people have been involved in the development and review of the Local Offer). Where comments have been received from parents, children and young people, the Local Authority is required to publish these, along with its response to the comments, on its website and any comments so published must be in a form that does not enable any individual to be identified.
Any comments which you make on the Local Offer via these webpages may therefore be published on the Local Authority’s website, along with the Authority’s response to those comments; however, neither your name nor any other personal details by which you might be identifiable will be published. By making comments on the Local Offer via these webpages, you consent to those comments being published on the Local Authority’s website.Less...