Skip to main content

Service Pupil Premium

The Service Pupil Premium (SPP) is additional funding that can be claimed by schools if they have pupils who have a parent who is a serving member of the Armed Forces.

Schools can also claim the SPP for the child after the serving parent has left the Armed Forces provided the child has been registered as a service child in a previous school census in any year from 2011 onwards.

If a child who was previously registered as a service child changes school after the parent has left the Armed Forces they should make sure that the new school is aware so the SPP can still be claimed.

Pupils are also eligible if they receive a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme, or a parent is on full commitment as part of the full-time reserve service.

The SPP can be claimed by state schools, academies and free schools in England.