Childcare Brokerage Service
What is it?
Childcare brokerage is a requirement of Childcare Act 2006, which means local authorities must provide support to families struggling to access childcare.
Our Family Information Service Team can provide support for families who are looking for childcare. This may be helpful if you:
- Have a child or children aged 2, 3 or 4 and are eligible for funded early years education hours.
- Have a child or children with Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND)
- Are new to Liverpool and need support to find a local childcare provider
- Have any specific or bespoke requirements for childcare.
- Receive support from Social Care Services
- Are a lone parent
- Have additional needs or disabilities yourself
- Are a carer for someone with additional needs or disabilities
- Have English as a second or additional language
This is not an exhaustive list and we are happy to help any family find suitable childcare for their child or children.
How does the service work?
We will ask some specific questions about your child and their childcare requirements to ensure we find the best match for your family.
Childcare brokerage can help parents and carers to:
- Find suitable childcare options which meet their needs and the needs of their children.
- Find emergency childcare or alternative childcare at short notice.
- Access childcare if they or their child have SEND.
- Access information about childcare funding.
Do I need a referral?
No, this is an open service which anyone can request support from. However, if you do have professionals supporting you and they wish to make a referral, we can liaise with them if you prefer.
If you are having difficulty finding childcare, please get in touch with us on LCIS@liverpool.gov.uk or 0800 085 2022 (option 2) and we can support with your query.