What is the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus?
- All Local Authorities have a duty to have a record or register of disabled children in their area, under the Childcare Act 1989. Our Disabled Children & Young Persons Passport Plus is Liverpool's way of doing this
Who does it cover?
- If you have a disabled child or are a young person aged up to 25, you can sign up for the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus. Our local definition of disability is based on the Equality Act 2010, which states that a person is disabled if they have a physical or mental impairment that has "substantial" and "long term" negative effects on their ability to do normal daily activities.
Some examples of what this would include are:-
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), Autism or Aspergers, Behavioural / Emotional or Social Difficulties, Cerebal Palsy, Complex Health Needs, Dyspraxia, Global Development Delay, Learning Difficulty, Mobility Difficulty, Palliative Care Needs and Sight and / or Hearing Impairments.
Do I have to sign up?
- No - signing up for the Disabled Children & Young Person's Passport Plus is completely voluntary - but we would encourage you to do so.
So why should I sign up then?
- Once we have your details we will be able to keep you informed of what is available in the area and we will be able to tell you about any planned changes or developments that may affect you / your child. The information that we get from the Passport will also mean we have a clearer picture of where disabled children live and what their needs are. This will help us plan support services more effectively.
- Max Card is the UK's leading discount initiative for children with special educational needs and disabilities. Cards are provided to children and young people, 0-25. 75,000 families access the scheme. 5,000 venues on board including national partners Alton Towers, Dine Club, Virgin Experience Days, Legoland, Go Ape! And Oxygen Freejumping.
- Liverpool City Council has partnered with Liverpool’s Parent Carers Forum LivPaC to deliver the maxcard discount initiative. Your details will be registered on both the Passport and with LivPaC. To qualify for the maxcard the child / young person must reside within the Liverpool City boundary. You will still be able to register on the Passport without registering with LivPaC but you won’t receive the maxcard
What do I need to do to sign up?
- All you need to do is click the Register button below. Once registered on the site, you can then "Sign In" and add a record on to the Disabled Childrens Register. If you need any further information contact...
The Early Help team email@example.com