Skip to main content

How to get SupportView all services

This section gives you more information on some of the different ways you can get support, try to resolve any disagreements you might have and, if necessary, make a complaint.

The options to select are:

Superlambanana with question marks above its head

Information, Advice and Support Service

The Information, Advice and Support Service for Liverpool provides a range of information, advice and support both for parents of children and young people with special educational needs or a disability (SEND) and for children and young people themselves, including help through the education, health and care (EHC)  assessment process.

Local/National Support

Do you want to be able to speak to other parents who have been in the same situation as you? Or find a support group that is centred around your or your child’s needs? You will find details of different support groups in this section. There are also details of voluntary and private sector organisations that may be able to provide you with further support.

Complaints, Disagreements, Mediation & Tribunal

Many concerns are resolved by conversations or meetings with the other people involved. Sometimes however, a more formal meeting to discuss the issues can help move the situation on. You may wish to make a complaint if you have already tried talking and meeting to resolve your concerns. Find out more in this section.


Find out more information in this section about appeals to the Tribunal in relation to Disability Discrimination or the Education, Health and Care Plan, as well as school admission and exclusion appeals.

Benefits, Housing and Practical Support

Struggles with finance and housing can be incredibly stressful. Explore this area to access services that can offer practical support.

Support Courses for Parents

Many organisations and groups offer different types of support for families, parents and carers whose children have SEND. Take a look here to access information, support and guidance.