Merseyside Domestic Violence Service Ltd
MDVS are working day and night to support families experiencing domestic violence at this difficult time. We are taking new referrals and self-referrals and encourage services and individuals to come forward for support at this time. Some of the ways we are assisting our families during this crisis is by delivering weekly food parcels and boredom packs for children and young people.
MDVS currently offer a behavioural change programme for non-convicted male perpetrators of domestic violence which runs alongside our Women's Integrated Safety Service. Both services are located separately. We accept referrals from all agencies and self-referrals. http://mdvs.co.uk/
The men's service includes;
- Individual case worker
- A 26-week behavioural change programme to challenge their attitudes about women, and change abusive and violent behaviour.
- Programmes are delivered in both North and South Liverpool and are held at local Community Fire Stations.
MDVS' New Integrated Safety Service is located separately at our women's centre and includes the following;
- 1:1 risk assessment and safety planning
- Group work - A specialist domestic violence and abuse programme
- Fortnightly drop-in service that offers; Housing support and advice, Immigration support and advice, Sexual Health, Debt advice, Legal advice.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- Service Manager
Assistance Line - 07802722703
General Advice - 0151 709 8770
MDVS are working day and night to support families experiencing domestic violence at this time of increased risk. We are taking new referrals and self-referrals and encourage services and individuals to come forward for support at this time. Alongside the critical safety planning support MDVS provide we are assisting our families during this crisis by delivering weekly food parcels.
In an emergency please dial 999 - the Police are there to help you.
Respect Phoneline for males perpetrating domestic abuse
0808 802 4040
Enquiries about male victims of domestic abuse
Enquiries about supporting male victims of domestic abuse: call the Men’s Advice Line on freephone 0808 801 0327.
Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Free from landlines and mobile phones, your call will not appear on your phone bill statement.
Where to go
- Merseyside Domestic Violence Service ltd
Po Box 200
- L14 9WU
We operate from a wide range of community venues to ensure that we can accommodate families in need of support.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday 9am to 5pm, Tues 9am to 7pm, Wed 9am to 7pm, Thursday and Friday 9am until 5pm
- Time of day
- Session Information
26-week Behavioural Change Programme for males
16-week Domestic Abuse recovery programme for females
- There are no charges attached to services.
- Referral Details
We accept self-referrals by phone 07802 722 703/704/705.
Professionals can request referral form via phone (07802 722 703/704/705 or email email@example.com Referral forms can also be found on our website, see links to content.
- Other notes
We cover North and South Liverpool. Our programs are delivered during day time and evening.