Botanic Lodge Nursery
A family run buisness in a stunning setting of walled gardens. The nursery is well situated for all areas of Liverpool. It is based on the main route to Liverpool and Manchester via Edge Lane and Wavertree Road. Botanic Lodge Nursery is a great learning environment for you child to thrive.
Botanic Lodge Nursery got judged Good in all areas by Ofsted in 2019 and got voted 'best nursery' by the family go live magazine 2013 and 2014.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Natasha Lee
- Contact Position
- 0151 259 2859
Where to go
- Botanic Lodge Nursery
Botanic Walled Gardens
- L7 9LH
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £28.50 per Session £52.00 per Day
- Offering Tax Free Childcare.
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 8.00 6.00 Tuesday 8.00 6.00 Wednesday 8.00 6.00 Thursday 8.00 6.00 Friday 8.00 6.00
- Other Availability
- Monday to Friday 8.00am - 12.00pm and 1.00pm - 6.00pm
Sand and Water Play
Arts and Crafts
Songs and Rhymes
Private Changing Area
Private Nursery Garden
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
1. How does the setting know if children need extra help and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
Upon registering your child with our setting, we ask parents/carers to attend a 1:1 induction at nursery or we can arrange a home visit. This gives parents a chance to get to know their child’s key person and discuss the child’s development. This also gives the parents/carers a chance to ask questions and speak to the key person regarding any concerns they may have about their child’s needs.
We are also happy to liaise with previous settings or childminders regarding the child’s developments. Once the key person has settled the child into nursery, if they notice any concerns with the child’s development they will liaise with the settings Senco and this will then be discussed further with parents/carers.
2. How will the staff in the setting support my child?
The progress of all children is monitored and reviewed regularly and shared with parents. We measure progress using;
- EYFS, Learning Journeys, Observations, Leuven well-being and involvement scales, sensory play, visuals/symbols, small group work and key person time
- Referral to specialist services
- Play plans and care plans (If applicable)
3. How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
The setting is organised by chronological age. We provide weekly room plans and also monthly individual plans based on the child’s individual interests. The curriculum is adapted to a child's individual needs.
4. What specialist services and expertise can be accessed by the setting?
We work in partnership with the local authority, health and social care services.
We are members of the Early Years Consortia.
Staff have been trained/are qualified in:
- First aid
- Psychology of two year olds (Being two parts 1 & 2)
- Visual aids course
- Tots talk (speech and language development)
5. How accessible is the setting?
We are happy to discuss your child individual needs and to make reasonable adjustments
6. How will the setting support my child in transferring to the next stage of education?
We work closely with all schools in Liverpool to help the transitions from nursery to school a happy one.
7. How are parents involved in the setting? How can I be involved?
We have an open door policy in our setting, so we allow the parents/carers to come in at any time and view their child’s work.
We invite parents in for parent’s/carers evenings.
We also organise events e.g. charity fun days, gruffalo hunts, family story time and walks in the park, where we invite parents/carers to come along spend time with their child, the staff and other families that attend our nursery.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Early Years (0 to 5)