**Sensory Room Currently Unavailable due to COVID 19 Restrictions.**
Please call into the centre, or contact us on 0151 233 8500 to book your place in the Sensory Room.
A Sensory Room is a specially designed room which combines a range of stimuli to help individuals develop and engage their senses. These can include lights, colours, sounds, sensory soft play objects, aromas all within a safe environment that allows the person using it to explore and interact without risk.
Sensory Rooms can help those who have learning difficulties, developmental disabilities or sensory impairments learn to interact with the world around them, but in a safe environment that builds up their confidence and their ability. The user gets an unrestrained non-threatening space where they can explore at their own leisure. This freedom lets their teacher, therapist or carer see what calms them, rouses them and what they like or don’t.
Benefits of a Sensory Room
There are a whole host of benefits of a sensory room for those who require them, some of these include:
- Sensory Stimulation – by encouraging the user to engage and explore the environment then it can have positive effects on their ability to react and interact with the larger world around them
- Enhance Learning through Play – following on from this, sensory stimulation can engage different areas of the brain, helping children absorb and retain more information and better meeting the needs of the individual
- Improve Balance, Movement and Spatial Orientation - Sensory rooms can help develop users’ visual processing abilities as well as their fine and gross motor skills, facilitating day-to-day living.
- Tackle Problems With Behaviour - Sensory environments can be highly absorbing, providing a moment of comfort and calm for overactive and distressed individuals, and helping inactive individuals to feel better engaged. This improves focus and prevents users from getting the urge to ‘act up’.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Lisa Ormesher
- Contact Position
- 0151 233 8500
Where to go
- Clubmoor Children's Centre
Utting Avenue East
- L11 1DQ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Currently Unavailable
- Session Information