Special Educational Needs Assessment and Pupil Support Service
The SEN Assessment and Pupil Support Service undertakes the following functions with regard to Special Educational Needs.
- Moderation of requests for Education, Health and Care assessments under the 2014 Children and Families Act.
- Co-ordination of assessments undertaken under the above Act and production of draft and final Education, Health and Care Plan's within the statutory timescales stipulated in the 2014 Children and Families Act.
- Secure suitable placements for children and young people with a final Education, Health and Care Plan and agree appropriate funding for the individual needs identified.
- Undertake Person Centred Planning meetings for all new Education, Health and Care Plans. (See the attached EHC Assessment Process for further information)
- Participate in the formal mediation process of disputes and undertake the functions stipulated by the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for the resolution of issues.
- Between the years September 2014 and April 2018 the Service is also required to convert existing statements for children and young people to Education, Health and Care Plans. (See the attached Liverpool Local Transfer Plan for further information).
- Monitor Annual Reviews of Statements of SEN and Education, Health and Care Plans and ensure agreed amendments are made and parents/carers and young people are informed of their rights to appeal.
- Monitor placement information to ensure that emerging areas of need are identified to inform the commissioning of suitable services.
Who to contact
0151 233 5957 / 0151 233 5955
0151 233 5973 / 0151 233 5964