PSS - Family Impact Project
Our work covers two key areas; support for families affected by alcohol and substance misuse and support for families affected by imprisonment.
Families affected by alcohol and substance misuse - we offer a 'whole family' approach, supporting all family members through the recovery process. Our service includes:
- One to one sessions and group workshops
- Outreach support
- Parenting programme
- Children's therapeutic group programmes
- Grandparents support groups
- Guest speaker presentations
- Advice on recovery options
Families affected by imprisonment - we provide support to children with a parent in prison or children whose parents has been in prison and has recently been released. Our 'whole family' model means we also offer support to the child, their parent/carer, and where possible, the prisoner post release. We provide families with:
- Advice on what to tell children about imprisonment
- One to one support for children to discuss their wishes regarding contact
- Peer group support for children where they can meet others who share their experience whilst having fun
- Support group for adults who have a loved one in prison
- Advocacy support (we can speak to prison, probation and other services on your behalf)
- Facilitate contact between children and their parents in prison via letters or support for attending prison visits.
Who to contact
Where to go
Eleanor Rathbone House, Connect Business Village,
24 Derby Road
Please select a region, state or province.
- L5 9PR
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday from 9am until 6pm
- Time of day
- Referral Details
We accept both self referrals and referrals from other agencies.