RASA Merseyside is a registered charity committed to supporting people who have been affected by sexual abuse. The service began in 1986 and has grown from strength to strength, offering support to children, young people, and adults.
RASA offers different strands of support to meet your individual needs. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Counselling – Therapy offers you a space whereby you can begin to gain a greater understanding of your experiences and how these experiences have impacted upon your life. It may be that you do not wish to discuss your experiences but wish to develop coping strategies in order to cope with the abuse you have experienced. Our counsellors will work with you to identify your goals for therapy and will work alongside you to find the best approach to meet your needs.
Advocacy from Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVAs) -The Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) service offers support, information, practical and emotional support for all those affected by sexual violence experienced in the past or present. The aim of the service is to help you cope with the after impact of sexual violence, whether reported to the police or not.
We are independent from the Police, but our service includes supporting you through the criminal justice process should you chose to report. ISVAs can:
· Provide emotional support throughout the process
· Keep you informed about the case, and come with you to court
· Make sure you get the services you are entitled to by liaising with the police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
· Support you when you give your witness statement, and at other meetings with the police
· Help you access other services if you need them, such as health services and housing
· Help you to develop your own support network in a way that works for you
· Help you access counselling when the time is right for you.
RASA Sunflower’s Project works with children between the ages of 6 -18 years old. However, when referrals for younger children are made, at times it may be deemed more appropriate to complete work with the main caregiver, rather than the child.
Please visit our website www.rasamerseyside.org for further information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- RASA Merseyside
Units 2-3 Stella Nova
- L20 4TZ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday 9am - 8pm, Tuesday 9am - 5pm, Wednesday 9am - 8pm , Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 4pm.