Health visiting serviceView all services
Health Visitors are Specialist Community Public Health Nurses who have expertise in child health and development, and family and public health.
The Health Visiting team includes Health Visitors, Community Health Nurses and Community Nursery Nurses. We also work closely with Midwives, Family Nurse Partnership (FNP), School Nurses, Children's Centres, GP's, Social Care and Voluntary services.
Health Visitors work in people's homes, community health centres, Children's Centres and GP surgeries supporting parents in the promotion of health and wellbeing of all pre-school aged children across Liverpool. All children and families with children 5 and under are offered/receive this service.
The team works in accordance with the Healthy Child Programme, a national programme aimed at promoting optimal health and wellbeing for all children. Health visitors offer five evidence based contacts:
- Antenatal contact – virtual or face to face between 28 weeks and 40 weeks gestation
- Birth visit between 10 to 14 days
- Birth follow up visit between 6 to 8 weeks
- 1 year health and development review between 10 and 12 months
- 2 year health and development review between 2 years and 2 years 6 months.
The 1 year and 2 year development reviews will assess children's communication skills, gross motor and fine motor skills, personal and social and emotional development. If any concerns are identified, advice and support will be offered and referrals made to other agencies if required.
In addition to offering the Healthy Child Programme, the service also offers:
- Breastfeeding support and advice
- Emotional and mental wellbeing support
- Healthy eating, weaning and dietary advice
- Support with sleep routines
- Child developmental advice and support
- Advice regarding child behaviour
- Support and signposting advice for children with any additional needs
- Support in safeguarding children
- Pre-school immunisations and school readiness advice
- Referrals to child specialist services.
We also provide a Health Visitor led assessment clinic for babies and children where there are concerns with weight, height or head circumference.
If you are a parent or carer and have concerns regarding your child’s growth measurements, please contact the Health Visiting Team on the numbers below and ask to speak to your Health Visitor, or the Health Visitor On Call, if your Health Visitor is not available. In addition, we have a routine Well baby clinic for babies aged 3 months to 1 year.
If you would like to attend this clinic please contact your health visitor or children centre.
Team Number Location
|Team 1 and 2 South||0151 295 9700 (option 3)||Goodlass Road|
|Team 3 South||0151 295 3317 or 0151 295 3995||Wavertree Health Centre|
|Team 4 Central||0151 295 3317 or 0151 295 3995||Granby Children's Centre|
|Team 5 Central||0151 295 8416||Queens Drive|
|Team 6 Central||0151 295 3317 or 0151 295 3995||Stoneycroft Children's Centre|
|Team 7 Central||0151 295 3317 or 0151 295 3995||Yew Tree Children's Centre|
|Team 8 North||0151 295 8576 or 0151 295 8582||Norris Green Health Centre|
|Team 9 North||0151 295 8416||Queens Drive
Tel: 0151 295 9700 (option 1)
Wavertree Health Centre
57 Prince Alfred Road
Granby Children's Centre
Stoneycroft Children's Centre
38 Scotia Road
Yew Tree Children's Centre
Norris Green Clinic
Queens Drive Clinic
Tel: 0151 295 8416